VirtualSkipper 5 is by far the most popular sailing online PC racing game that is available now. If you are a fan of sailing then you would surely enjoy the game. But even if you are not a fan of the sport and you know next to nothing about it, you are still bound to enjoy this online game.
The Best Sailing Locations
The game allows you to skipper the best sailing boat models that are available today. You also get to pick a location from the top sailing locations in the world. You get to pick from Auckland, to Rio. There are actually 14 courses that you get to choose from. You get to sail out in the Ocean.
There are four different types of boats that you get to race in this game. Each class behaves differently. Then there is the ultra-realistic ocean that has been designed in the game. You get to experience the roughness of the ocean just as it would behave in real life.
The game also has an editor added on to it which allows you to create the regatta of your choice and also to carve out your own water course.
Download Virtual Skipper 5
The great news is that this game is free. All you have to do is to download it to your computer. As long as your computer meets the system requirements then you’re set to go. Here are the system requirements for the game:
- OS- Windows 2000/XP/Vista
- Sound Card- 16 bit DirectX compatible
- Central Processing Unit- Pentium IV 1.6GHz / AMD Athlon XP1600+
- Hard Drive- 1.5 GB free disk space
- Graphics Card- 16 MB, 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible
- Random Access Memory:-256 MB (XP) or 512 MB (Vista)
The game is available in several languages. You can choose from English, Spanish, French, Italian and German.
If you have checked your computer’s capabilities and it would meet the minimum requirements of the game then all you have to do is to visit the site of the developers of the game. You would see right away on the home page of the site the part where it says you can download the game. You just have to follow the same procedure when you are downloading and installing any kind of game from the internet. You have to accept the terms and conditions as set down by the developers and in no time you’ll be set to go and play the game.
Virtual Skipper 5 or 32nd America’s Cup is the latest version of the highly acclaimed game. It has features that make it a really unique playing experience. It certainly lives up to the claim of being the best sailing game ever.
One of the best features of the game which makes it standout is the amazing graphics that they have for it. The sea has been rendered as realistically as possible, with each wave crashing to the boat like a real one. You can also choose the boat that you want with all of the best sailing boats available. The game coms with 14 of the best water courses in the world from which you can take your pick. What is even better is that with the built-in editor you can make changes with the course or the boat of your choice.
How to Play Virtual Skipper 5
The game has been hailed as the best sailing game ever with good reason. Players who have experience and knowledge in sailing are able to appreciate the game.
The player could choose the type of boat that he would like to use on the game. The classes of boat that they use include the International America’s Cup Class, Trimaran Open 60, Melges 24 and the Offshore Racer. Then he can pick the course that he would like to race on. As mentioned, there are 14 courses that are available in the game. These are the top courses in the world from Rio all the way down to Auckland. If the player would like to be a bit more creative, he can make changes with the course and the boat using the editor that comes with the game. Using that editor he can customize both the boat and the water course that would be used. There are also some other classes that are available from other sources as add-ons.
The game can be played as a single player mode and multiplayer. Under the single player one can choose match racing or fleet racing. When on the multi-player both of those options are available as well as team racing.
If you are not familiar with sailing, then you should use the tutorial mode which is a walk-through not just with how the game would be played but how sailing is actually done. That would give you a better perspective on how you can enjoy the game which has been making waves.
There comes a time when a game comes along which is bound to change the way the genre to which it belongs. That is exactly Virtual Skipper is. It has made such a huge impact when it comes to sailing games that are available today.
What Makes Virtual Skipper Special
What makes Virtual Skipper 5 special is that it allows players to experience the thrill and excitement of sailing in well-engineered game. The animation is superb and the sea is so realistic you would feel like you might get wet anytime.
You get to choose the best competition boats that are available. The best thing about it though is you can pick the right water course that you can race on from the 14 that are available. These courses correspond to the most prestigious and best racing courses in the real world. So, it would be like you are sailing against the best in the world when you start to play Virtual Skipper 5.
The best racing boats of the Class America are the stars of the game; you can also choose other classes of boats that are available for you to use. You can also create your own boat and come up with your own course, with the inclusion of a game editor.
Downloading of the Game
You can download the game on its own website. The system requirements are not that high. If your computer has Windows 2000,XP or Vista, runs on Pentium IV 1.6GHz, AMD Athlon XP1600 or higher and has 256 MB of RAM then the game should run on it smoothly enough. You can just click on the download link on the site and you can proceed with it. The best part about it is that the download is free. You don’t have to pay anything at all.
That’s all that it takes for you to get Virtual Skipper 5 on your computer.
How to Repair Virtual Skipper on PC
Sometimes the game might not play as smoothly as you want it or it might not even start at all. The first thing that you can do is to close the game and then to restart the computer. If it still does the same thing after two tries, then you need to uninstall and then reinstall the game. That would be the best way to repair Virtual Skipper on your computer if it starts acting up. If you still can’t get it to work you can hire a computer technician to help you. We recommend trying out websites like this to help you find one, or you can try using their iPhone app.
A sailing yacht is a major investment. Even the lowest priced one can cost a great deal and because of that you have got to protect it and make sure that it is properly maintained. The fact that it is constantly exposed to the sea which can deteriorate materials at a great rate is also another important factor why you ought to think about the proper maintenance of your boat.
How to Clean and Maintain a Sailing Yacht
If you would like to take charge of the cleaning and maintenance of you own sailing boat then here are some ideas and tips that you can use:
- Winter Months- During the winter period when the weather is too bad for sailing, the boat should be sitting in dry dock. That would save you a great deal in the long run and it would also prevent the boat from having some damages.
- Rigging and Sailing- In most ways, the rigging and the sails of you boat are the most vulnerable parts of the vessel. When they get exposed to bad weather, they wouldn’t really last that long. That’s why it is important that the rigging and the sail of your yacht should be stored and kept away from the elements. This is to prevent them from becoming rotted.
- Checking the Hull- Aside from saving the ship from damage caused by exposure to weather during winter, putting the ship on dry dock also allows you to check on the overall condition of the hull. That would be the only time that it can really be assessed.
- Scraping- Once the ship is out of the water, it is important that the hull, rudder and even the keel should be cleaned and scraped. The boat should be washed all over and even from the inside. That would remove any material that might cause rotting and corrosion.
- A Fresh Coat for Spring- When spring time comes around, it would be time to take out your boat from dry dock and. Strip away the old paint and give it a new coat. Be sure to give it a fresh coat of marine primer as well, to help protect the boat’s integrity.
- Testing- You must test the hull and check it for any kind of damage that it might have suffered during the winter period. You have to be sure that it is watertight before you launch it back into the water again.